If you want to maintain or even improve the value of your property, you are going to need to keep up to date with any home maintenance projects that are required around the house. While at times it may seem tedious, by doing regular maintenance work you will save yourself both time and money in the long run.
Here at Marek’s Maintenance and Construction, we are highly experienced in providing property maintenance services on the Gold Coast. The below checklist is just a basic guideline to help you with the upkeep you should be doing in order to preserve and look after your home or business.
Basic Maintenance Checklist
This checklist outlines the tasks we should all be checking on a regularly basis, approximately every month:
- Clean drains and gutters and remove all debris from the roof.
- Check for and fix any broken glass on windows immediately. Check for and replace brittle putty and rusted window frames to avoid any more broken windows.
- Look for any peeling or chipping paint.
- Keep an eye on pests and call relevant services if needed.
- Test and replace light bulbs that appear to be faulty.
- Check for and fix any water leaks immediately.
Yearly Maintenance Checklist
- Check all doors, window frames and wooden furniture for rot, termites and wood borough.
- Inspect your main electrical panel for rust and water marks. Ensure that you turn all breakers off and then on again to test them.
- Inspect your roof thoroughly for damages, leaks and missing tiles. All damages should be fixed immediately. Trim any branches that hang over your roof.
- Repaint sections of your home that may be peeling or chipping with a protective paint layer.
- Thoroughly inspect all walls and ceilings for cracks or points of weakness. Damp seal any damp patches and fill in cracks.
- Ensure that patios and decks are all properly sealed and waterproofed.
Need a bit of help when it comes to maintaining your property on the Gold Coast? We at Marek’s Maintenance and Construction are property maintenance professionals and for landscaping services are passionate about ensuring that your home’s maintenance is up to scratch. Call us today for a quote!